Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation in a joint. There are over 100 different types of Arthritis and it affects people of all ages, however it is more common among older individuals. It is important to have an accurate diagnosis as each type of Arthritis affects the body differently. The two most common types of arthritis are Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis, affecting around 10 million people in the UK alone.
Symptoms of arthritis
- Generally the symptoms are joint pain, tenderness and stiffness with the affected joint being warm red skin
- Inflammation in and around the joints with swelling and restricted movement of the joints.
- We do advise to get a medical diagnosis
What causes arthritis?
- There are several factors that can increase the risk of the many types of arthritis but your genes you have inherited from your parents or grandparents may have made you more likely to get arthritis.
- It is important to get the right treatment for your condition and remaining physically active will help you stay mobile and good for your general health.
Treatment and prevention of arthritis
- To reduce the impact of your feet and joints, use Enertor PX1 insoles in good fitting footwear to protect your joints as much as possible when walking and running
- The unique design can also reduce pain in the big toe.