Plantar fasciitis is caused by repetitive strain injury to the ligament of the sole of the whole foot and/or heel. Most commonly it occurs in one foot but is possible to have it in both feet at the same time.
Symptoms of plantar fasciitis
- Sharp pain behind the arch and around the heel
- Initially in the morning or after a period of movement or activity
- Walking short distances may alleviate the pain but longer distances could exaggerate the symptoms of plantar fasciitis
- Sudden stretching of the sole of the foot, going on to your toes, up the stairs or after a rest period may cause pain
- A tingling or burning sensation may be experienced
What causes plantar fasciitis?
- Often there may be no obvious cause for plantar fasciitis
- Overtraining, a sudden increase in training intensity
- Inadequate footwear - flat shoes, shoes without laces or Velcro and not giving you enough shock absorption protection when running and walking
- Walking short distances may alleviate the pain and but longer distances could exaggerate the symptoms of plantar fasciitis
- Being overweight may put excessive strain on the plantar fascia or tight calf muscles
Treatment and prevention of plantar fasciitis
- Place some ice on it as soon as you feel any pain to reduce the swelling and help relive some of the some strain
- Ideally three times a day use a foam roller or very cold aluminium can under the heel and along the mid foot to release and warm up the fascia (especially before putting your foot down first thing in the morning)
- Reduce the impact to your heel are using Enertor Running PX1 insoles with PX1 technology. These will absorb up to 60% of the impact on every step you take, providing great mid-foot support and reducing the symptoms of plantar fasciitis
- Changing footwear at least once a day, ideally wear shoes with laces or Velcro or trainers.
- Do not walk barefooted at any time, inside or outside. Shoes with a slight heel raise can take the strain away from the plantar fascia
Insoles that work
" Brilliant. Like lots of other people I've had Plantar Fasciitis, such pain, these were like putting on slippers. Such a relief. After about 2 weeks it's just about gone. "
" Amazing insoles that really helped to relieve my plantar fasciitis problem. Had troubles with the first delivery but their customer service dept answered and sent a replacement pair very quickly. Very happy with these ones. Now buying my second pair. Can not recommend enough. Thanks "
" I thought your original insoles were marvellous, these enabled me to do my job which I was struggling to do with another brand of insoles. I stumbled across your company on the internet, and I can honestly say, you’ve changed my life for the better!
Now I am wearing the PX1 insoles, I didn’t think things could get any better but they have, it’s just like walking on air, with the right amount of support, they are an absolute pleasure to wear. "
Suzanne Carter -
" These have made a massive difference to my shoes, my job has me on my feet for over 7 hours a day and these insoles have made my plantar fasciitis easier to cope with "