High arch (also called Cavus foot) is a condition in which the foot has a very high arch. Because of the high arch, an excessive amount of body weight is placed on the ball and heel of the foot when walking or standing.
Symptoms of high arches
- Pain when standing, walking or running due to the extra stress on the metatarsals, a group of five long bones connected to the bones of the toes.
- Development of corns and calluses on the ball, side or heel of the foot.
- Arch inflexibility and stiffness.
- Daily use of the feet can cause the posterior tibial tendon to weaken.
- Risk of ankle sprain due to a lack of balance and instability of the foot.
What causes high arched feet?
- High arches may represent an inherited structural abnormality but it can be caused by neurologic disorder or other medical medical conditions, such as Spina Bifida, polio, cerebral palsy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, muscular dystrophy or a stroke.
Treatment and prevention of flat feet
- Depending on the severity and the cause diagonosed by a clinician, strengthing exercises may work to reduce the risk of injury.
- The Enertor PX1 insoles will provide shock aborption in the heel and forefoot and may offer some arch support, provided your arches are not rigid. The best solution for high and rigid arches is bespoke insoles prescribed by a clinician.
Insoles that work
" The soles are supportive, especially for my high arches. They are a good fit and are comfortable. "
Kay G -
" I have had major surgery on one ankle several times which ended up with a subtalur ankle fusion involving two long screws inserted through my heel up into the ankle to correct it. I also have extremely high arches on both feet. I have spent a fortune over the years trying different insoles to correct over pronation and a swollen ankle after wearing footwear without success. These insoles are the absolute BEST ever! Extremely comfortable yet ensure proper support at all times. I love them! Feels like all my footwear fits me perfectly now! Thank you Enteror! "
Katrine N -
" Miracle insoles! I have very high arches and was experiencing a great deal of pain in the balls of my feet on longer runs. These insoles have fixed me. Long runs are no longer agony. I can't recommend these enough. "
Jennifer A -
" I recently purchased these insoles. After breaking them in at the gym and walking around at work, I have found them to be brilliant. On long runs in my old insoles I would get very sore ankles and lower calf muscles. It felt that my ankles were almost collapsing inwards on every foot strike. I completed 16 miles in these yesterday and could physically feel the difference. These are a superb purchase and will be purchasing another pair for my normal daily trainers as I do have naturally high arches in my feet. "
Ian S -