Having a healthier Christmas is possible. Here are 10 simple things you can do to take care of your health and have a good time over the holiday period.
- Reduce your alcohol intake. There are so many opportunities to have drink during the festivities. Try to alternate between water and booze to keep yourself hydrated and ward off a hangover.
- Reduce stress. Visiting family, organising menus and navigating the shops can all increase stress levels. Have a healthier Christmas by delegating tasks and planning ahead of time where you can.
- Go for a run. Take a break by slipping out of the house for a run on Christmas Day or Boxing Day. You’ll make a start on working off the extra calories and come back refreshed for more fun.
- Care for others. Don’t lose focus on the idea of giving at Christmas. Share time with lonely neighbours, bake an extra batch of cookies or donate to a local shelter.
- Keep the mind active. It’s good to take a break over the holidays but don’t let your brain turn to mush in front of the TV. Play some board games with family or volunteer to install new tech.
- Go easy on dinner. Christmas meals are often far larger than normal. Take a little bit of everything and stop before you’re full. You’ll feel more comfortable and lighter, too.
- Keep a fruit bowl handy. Fruit can be lost in the fray of sugary treats and heavy meals. Try to include some fruit with breakfast to keep your vitamin and mineral intake up.
- Cook safely. Help everyone have a healthier Christmas by keeping food safely. Put leftovers in the fridge immediately and make sure cooked food is served hot. Don’t mix chopping boards and clean as you go to reduce bacteria and chances of food poisoning.
- Avoid snacking. There are sweet treats everywhere at this time of year. Remember that you don’t need to take everything that’s offered. Take it easy, especially between big meals.
- Get up and move. Going for a run will help you clear the holiday cobwebs, but if you can’t get out of the house, at least get up and move. Stand up, stretch, play a game with the kids. The more you can move the better you’ll feel.
About Enertor Advanced Technology Insoles – Enertor insoles are designed to prevent a number of common running injuries and provide more comfort. Designed by leading podiatrists to reduce your risk of injury, the unique design features support your foot throughout training. Enertor insoles are enhanced by D3O impact protection technology, which means they can provide more shock absorption than any other insole. Our expertise, combined with the patented D3O shock absorption technology, enables Enertor to deliver the most advanced injury prevention insoles on the market today.
Enertor insoles are available to buy from our online shop.
Whilst Enertor has over 18 years Orthotics experience, our blog content is provided for informational purposes only and it is not a substitute for your own doctor’s medical advice. Enertor advises anyone with an injury to seek their own medical advice – and do not make any health or medical related decisions based solely on information found on this site.